There are advertisements everywhere for various facelift techniques and other cosmetic procedures meant to make you feel your best.
What is a Short Scar Facelift?
Referred to in medical circles as a rhytidectomy, a face lift is a cosmetic treatment that improves the appearance of the face by restoring its youthful look with less wrinkles, deep folds, and sagging skin. One of the most popular procedures is known as short scar facelift surgery, which primarily focuses on rejuvenation of the lower face. Effective for jowls and lower face.
- The procedure – Short scar facelifts only take approximately two hours to complete and is done under local anesthesia and light sedation. The procedure uses a smaller incision made in front of the patient’s ears. When the incisions are created, the cosmetic surgeon will alter connective tissue accordingly to tighten the lower of the face and achieve the desired results. The process sometimes includes the removal of excess tissue.
- The reason – Like many other cosmetic procedures, there are many reasons why you’d choose short scar facelift surgery over other options. Usually, patients between the ages of 40 and 50 will experience sagging skin around the lower face as they age. This can cause some discomfort, since it may make them look older than they are. Since a short scar facelift surgery is faster with less downtime than a traditional face lift, it is a convenient way to restore a youthful appearance.
- The recovery – The recovery process is shorter than a regular face lift but you can still expect to experience varying degrees of swelling and bruising afterwards. It is recommended that you keep your head elevated during recovery. Your plastic surgeon will provide specific instructions to follow while you rest, heal, and recover.
Different Types of Facelift Procedures
There are a number different types of facelift techniques available depending on what results you are looking for and what areas you want to target. Not all options require incisions and some may require less time in office. Longer lasting results tend to require more time during the procedure and recovery. It’s best to discuss what you are looking for with your cosmetic surgeon to identify what will be most effective for you. Here are a few other options that we provide in our office:
- Minimally invasive facelift – This procedure focuses on the lower portion of the face by tightening sagging jowls and droopy skin. It’s labeled as a “mini facelift” because it does not address the whole face. In contrast to a traditional facelift, this treatment tightens the tissues under the skin rather than restructuring it.
- Liquid facelift – This facelift procedure combines the use of dermal fillers with Botox or Dysport to soften deep wrinkles and contour facial features. It provides a gentle lift and natural restoration of facial volume loss. With this treatment, under eye bags and dark circles can be addressed for a refreshed and rejuvenated look.
- Fat transfer to face – Using excess fat from other parts of your body, your face is refreshed by filling drooping areas and minimizing wrinkles or fine lines. It’s also a great way to get rid of fat in other areas that you don’t want. By transferring this fat to the face, you can restore your youthful appearance.
- Facial fillers – This cosmetic treatment is a popular facelift technique and non surgical way to add volume to sunken or saggy facial skin. Facial fillers can be used to provide contour to jaw lines, plump up thin lips, and minimize wrinkles or fine lines. Certain facial fillers can stimulate collagen growth. When you’re looking for anti aging options without surgery, this is your best bet.
We Are Experts in Facelift Techniques
Dr. Semone Rochlin should be the first choice. With over 20 years of experience and in depth expertise in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, you will be in good hands.
Give us a call today for a virtual consultation to get started!