Scar Revision Procedure
Scottsdale AZ & Gilbert AZ
Scar repair surgery can dramatically minimize a scar, bringing patients considerable psychological relief.
About Scar Repair Surgery
Dr. Rochlin uses several procedures for different kinds of scars.
- Injectables can fill in depressions left by acne pitting and minor injuries.
- is used to resolve deep scars.
- Cryotherapy can remove small keloid scars.
- Surface treatments like microneedling, chemical peels, or laser or light therapy can flatten a raised scar (including larger keloid scars) and soften irregular surfaces, and reduce uneven pigmentation and texture.
- Scars from burns can be treated with tissue substitutes if the area lacks healthy tissue.
- Skin tissue can be gradually expanded with a surgically-implanted balloon so that a scar can be cut off.
Most scar revision surgery can be done with a local anesthetic.
How to Prepare for a Scar Revision Procedure?
Don’t take pain-relieving medications for about a week before a scar revision procedure or scar repair surgery since they can increase bleeding. If you take blood thinners, talk to the prescribing doctor. Don’t drink alcohol and stay away from tobacco smoke for at least a week before the procedure.
What to Expect From a Scar Revision Procedure?
After a scar is removed, the treated area will be covered with a surgical dressing. You might go home with a tube to help drain the wound. You will be given instructions on caring for the wound as well. Swelling and bruising are normal after any scar procedure or surgery and will go away after a week.